Youth On Course
The Texas Golf Association Foundation is launching the Youth on Course program in the San Antonio area for 2020. Youth on Course (YOC) gives juniors access to play golf for $5 or less at 8 courses in the San Antonio area, as well as more courses all over the country. To learn more about the program and to sign up if you are a junior (18 years or younger) in the San Antonio area, check out the links below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any more questions, please contact Kelly Kilgo at 214-468-8942 or email email@example.com.
Why only the San Antonio area?
We are launching this pilot program in San Antonio for 2020 and hope to expand to other metropolitan areas in 2021. Stay tuned.
Are there any restrictions for playing?
Yes. Many courses set time restrictions for when Youth on Course members can play for $5 or less. Please check the map for restrictions and call ahead to make a tee time. You may also find a complete directory of courses in the Youth on Course Member App.
Does the junior have to pay for range balls or a cart?
Yes. Youth on Course does not cover range balls or carts, and we encourage our members to walk.
How long does my membership last?
Memberships are valid for one calendar year (until January 1).
What if I forgot my card?
A current YOC card is REQUIRED to participate in the program. You MUST show the card (or a temporary card) when playing at participating facilities. You can also access a digital copy of your card in the Youth on Course Member App.
When will I get a membership card?
It will take 2-3 weeks to get a membership card.
How do I play golf for $5 or less?
After joining, you will get a membership card with your unique membership number on it. Bring this to the course during the designated Youth on Course times and you will play for $5 or less.
When will I get my membership number?
After you signup, you will receive an email with your number and a link to complete the online curriculum. If you already have a handicap number from another club be sure to sign up with that number to avoid being assigned a new one.
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2019, Ryan Grider broke through at Dallas Athletic Club to win his first title on the amateur level. The junior at Baylor Men's Golf joined Charlie Holland and Ryan Baca as the only players to win the ... 2 Likes
- Timeline Photos With the guidance of public health experts, the Founding Partners have canceled the upcoming #DriveChipandPutt qualifying season and rescheduled the National Finals for April 4, 2021, due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
View full update and FAQs ➡️ DriveChipandPutt.com 1 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2018, Mitchell Meissner made a dramatic change to his game six months prior to the 109th #TexasAmateur. The Rice Golf alum, a right-handed golfer, started putting left-handed. He posted 6-under-par 282 at Whispering Pines Golf Club to ... 1 CommentsAlbert Requenez Jaime Requenez told you it works! Get that right handed putter!Jaime Requenez Albert Requenez lol4 Likes
- Hackberry Golf Club Hosts Texas Golf Association Women’s Eclectic Irving - The Women’s Eclectic Golf Tournament, sponsored by the Texas Golf Association (TGA), was held for the first time at the Hackberry Creek Country Club in Irving on March 9 and 10. Women from all over the country participated ...
- USGA Championships and Qualifying Update
Canceled and will not be rescheduled:
-2020 U.S. Women’s Amateur Four-Ball
-2020 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball
Canceled in their current forms and will be redesigned as events unfold:
-U.S. Open Local Qualifying
-U.S. Women’s Open Qualifying
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2017, Zander Lozano made a game-time decision minutes before he teed off in the final round of the 108th #TexasAmateur at Lakewood Country Club. He asked his good friend, Josh Dedmon, to caddie. With Dedmon on his ... 4 Likes
- Timeline Photos A BIG thank you to Grapevine Dodge Jeep Chrysler Ram for their $5000 corporate sponsorship of the TGA Foundation’s Stars Fore Stars event on June 10th! Grapevine Dodge is the best-kept secret in DFW offering a perfect car-buying experience including ... 4 Likes
- Texas Golf Association - News The Texas Golf Association has been closely monitoring all information available regarding the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 and after careful consideration, the TGA has suspended all competitions and golf activities indefinitely but at least through April 12. | Full Statement: 3 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2016, Frederick Wedel won the 107th #TexasAmateur at Oak Hills CC. It was the former Pepperdine Men's Golf All-WCC selection’s first TGA start. He carded rounds of 69-70-70-70 to win by one stroke.
🏆Register for the 111th ... 2 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2015, Michael Cotton played his final 10 holes at Bent Tree CC in 8-under-par to capture the 106th #TexasAmateur. The former Mean Green Golf standout’s 7-under-par 29 on his closing nine propelled him to a 3⃣-shot victory.
... 3 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2014, Will Zalatoris claimed the 105th #TexasAmateur as a 17-year-old at Brook Hollow GC. The Wake Forest Men's Golf alumnus carded rounds of 68-71-67-68 to win by three. Now he's on the Korn Ferry Tour & is ... 7 Likes
- Texas Golf Association - News TGA Statement on COVID-19 | At this time, the Texas Golf Association will continue our competitive events as scheduled. There are no planned changes to our Championships, Qualifiers or Fun Golf events at this time. | Read the full statement ... 10 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2013, Doug Manor won the 104th #TexasAmateur as a 32-year-old mid-am at Lakeside CC. The former Oklahoma Men's Golf golfer would go on to win 2013 TGA Player of the Year. Today, he's a Principal at Neuberger ... 1 CommentsMike Rausch Doug Manor is a stick!8 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2012, a hail storm damaged the greens at Lakewood Country Club the night before the first round of the 102nd #TexasAmateur. The Honors Golf Club hosted the championship. Thomas Birdsey won with an 18-foot birdie on the ... 7 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - During the summer of 2011, Kelly Kraft made amateur golf history. He claimed his second #TexasAmateur title at Austin CC in June. He won the #TransMiss in July and captured the #USAmateur in August.
Trans-Mississippi Golf Association | ... 10 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2010, Chris Ward went wire-to-wire at Royal Oaks CC in Dallas. The former Texas Tech University standout added the #TexasAmateur to his 2010 Big 12 Conference individual title.
🏆Register for the 111th Texas Amateur at Boot Ranch: ... 1 CommentsDwayne Ward Great Year11 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2009, James Sacheck won the 100th #TexasAmateur at Miramont Country Club. He rallied from six-shot behind the 54-hole leader to claim the title. Jordan Spieth finished T-4 and two shots behind Sacheck.
🏆Register for the 111th Texas ... 3 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2008, Kelly Kraft won the 99th #TexasAmateur at Houston CC. The former SMU Men's Golf All-American carded rounds of 75-69-71-68 to beat John Peterson by three strokes.
🏆Register for the 111th Texas Amateur at Boot Ranch: https://www.txga.org/111th_Texas_Amateur.html 5 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2007, Charlie Holland won the 98th #TexasAmateur at Whispering Pines Golf Club. He finished three strokes better than Robby Ormand and Andrew Landry. It was a special day in Texas golf history. Charlie’s father & TGA President, ... 11 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2006, Paul Haley fired rounds of 72-66-64-68 at Dallas CC to hold off Cody Gribble and Terrence Miskell at the 97th #TexasAmateur. It marked the 100th anniversary of the TGA, which was founded in 1906. Hambric Sports
... 3 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2005, Kevin Schultz had just finished his freshman year at Texas Longhorns. He arrived at the 72nd hole of the 97th #TexasAmateur needing a birdie to win and drained a 10-footer Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa's ... 6 Likes
- Photos from Texas Golf Association's post #TexasAmHistory - In 2004, Zach Atkinson carded rounds of 66-71-71-78 to win the 95th #TexasAmateur at The Club at Carlton Woods. The former Mean Green Golf standout's golf career includes:
🏆 '14 United States Golf Association - USGA Men’s State ... 7 Likes